Your cart is empty
Sandalwood Oil Uses and Benefits
For centuries, the dry, woody aroma of the sandalwood tree made the plant useful for religious rituals, meditation, and even for ancient Egyptian embalming purposes.
Today, essential oil taken from the sandalwood tree is useful for enhancing mood, promoting smooth skin and hair when used topically, and providing grounding and uplifting feelings during meditation when used aromatically. The rich, sweet aroma and versatility of Sandalwood oil makes it a unique oil, useful in everyday life.
SANDALWOOD OIL USES & BENEFITS
- One of the top benefits of Sandalwood oil is its ability to promote healthy looking, smooth skin. Applying Sandalwood oil to the skin will not only promote a smooth complexion, but can also be helpful in reducing the appearance of skin imperfections.
- Sandalwood oil is also useful for enhancing your mood. The grounding, balancing aroma of Sandalwood oil will help settle and balance emotions. To take advantage of these benefits, apply one to two drops of Sandalwood oil to the palms of your hands. Then, cup your hands around your nose and inhale for up to 30 seconds. This will help lessen tension and balance emotions.
- Along with serious benefits for skin and complexion, Sandalwood oil also holds benefits for hair. If you want to use Sandalwood oil on your hair, simply apply one or two drops of the oil to wet hair. Sandalwood will give your hair extra shine by restoring moisture to your strands. An easy way to work Sandalwood oil into your regular hair care regimen is to add a few drops to your daily shampoo or conditioner.
- One of the most common uses for Sandalwood oil is for meditation, due to its grounding and mood-enhancing properties. The sweet, woody aroma of Sandalwood is known to enhance mood—which is why the oil has been used in meditation for centuries. Consider diffusing Sandalwood oil in your bedroom after a long, stressful day, or before meditation to promote an uplifting atmosphere.
- While Sandalwood oil is helpful for meditation sessions, it can also provide a soothing, relaxed atmosphere even when you aren’t meditating. If you like to relax by taking a hot bath, Sandalwood can create a soothing atmosphere at bath time.
- Sandalwood oil can also be helpful at bedtime. Diffuse Sandalwood oil next to your bed as you are going to sleep to help promote a relaxing environment for a restful night’s sleep. You can also apply a few drops of Sandalwood essential oil to the back of your neck before going to sleep to promote an atmosphere that will lead to restful sleep.